Who controls personal information collected by Bright Horizons?
In the United States and Canada: Bright Horizons Family Solutions LLC (through its related affiliates) is the data controller for the personal information collected about you. Our world headquarters are located at 200 Talcott Avenue South, Watertown, Massachusetts 02472, USA.
In the United Kingdom: Bright Horizons Family Solutions Limited is the data controller for the personal information collected about you. Its registered office is located at 2 Crown Court, Rushden, Northamptonshire, NN10 6BS, UK.
In Ireland: Bright Horizons Family Solutions Ireland Limited is the data controller for the personal information collected about you. Its registered office is located at College Business & Technology Park, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15.
Why does Bright Horizons collect personal information?
We limit the information we collect to what is necessary to provide you with high quality services and respond to your specific requests. There are several reasons why we need to collect personal information:
- To respond adequately to your requests for services or information;
- To provide child care and other dependent care services and to administer a family's needs in connection therewith;
- To provide a safe, healthy and successful environment for those in our care;
- To administer first aid, emergency and other medical care, when necessary;
- To comply with government regulations and standards;
- To provide college and other higher education consulting services to both individuals and employers;
- To serve educational, training, curriculum, communication, administrative, record-keeping and other Bright Horizons business purposes related to the care;
- To provide utilization reports and other information to employers offering this benefit to its workforce;
- Allow employers providing this benefit to you the ability to assess utilization and quality of services and to process co-payments for the services.
- To facilitate collection of co-payments and fulfill tax reporting obligations; and
- To consider your application for employment with Bright Horizons.
How do you consent to Bright Horizons' use of your personal information?
Who may use this website?
Bright Horizons websites are intended for use by adults. Bright Horizons does not solicit or knowingly collect any information from visitors under 18 years of age. Please do not use any of our websites if you are not yet 18 years old or of the age of majority where you reside.
What Personally Identifiable Information Does Bright Horizons collect?
The type of business relationship you have with Bright Horizons will determine the specific information we will need to collect from you.
If you use our services, we will collect:
- Registration information that you provide voluntarily when engaging our services, or enrolling your dependent in a child or adult care program via telephone, online or in person. Registration information may include your personalized registration user name and password; payment and contact information; your dependent's name, date of birth, gender, allergies, food restrictions, special needs, health information, doctor's name and other information necessary to provide care or the relevant service.
- Utilization information, such as dates and reasons for care.
- Care records created during the course of providing care to your dependents or other records related to the relevant service. Care records may include caretaker notes on activities and behaviors, pictures or other documentation records.
If you are a visitor, we will collect:
- Contact information that you provide voluntarily when requesting publications or other information via telephone, online or in person. Contact information may include your name, telephone, number, facsimile number, email address and mailing address.
If you are a job applicant, we will collect:
- Typical information that you provide voluntarily when applying for a job via telephone, online or in person. This information may include your name, mailing address, email addresses, telephone number, facsimile number, employment history, education, references, affiliations and other relevant information.
How does Bright Horizons collect information?
There are two ways Bright Horizons may collect information: actively, as described above, or passively.
Passive Information Collection: As you navigate through a website, certain information can be passively collected (that is, gathered without your actively providing the information) using various technologies and means, such as Internet Protocol addresses, cookies, Internet tags, and navigational data collection.
This site may use Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. An IP Address is a number assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider so you can access the Internet and is generally considered to be non-personally identifiable information, because in most cases an IP address is dynamic (changing each time you connect to the Internet), rather than static (unique to a particular user's computer). We use your IP address to diagnose problems with our server, report aggregate information, determine the fastest route for your computer to use in connecting to our site, and administer and improve the site.
A "cookie" is a bit of information that a website sends to your web browser that helps the site remember information about you and your preferences. You can set your browser to reject cookies, however not all aspects of the site may be available to you if you choose to do so.
"Session" cookies are temporary bits of information that are erased once you exit your Web browser window or otherwise turn your computer off. Session cookies are used to improve navigation on websites and to collect aggregate statistical information. This site uses session cookies.
"Persistent" cookies are more permanent bits of information that are placed on the hard drive of your computer and stay there unless you delete the cookie. Persistent cookies store information on your computer for a number of purposes, such as retrieving certain information you have previously provided (e.g., passwords), helping to determine what areas of the Web site visitors find most valuable, and customizing the Web site based on your preferences. This site uses persistent cookies.
"Internet tags" (also known as single-pixel GIFs, clear GIFs, invisible GIFs, and 1-by-1 GIFs) are smaller than cookies and tell the website server information such as the IP address and browser type related to the visitor's computer. This site uses Internet tags. Tags have been placed both on online advertisements that bring people to the site and on different pages of the site. These tags indicate how many times a page is opened and which information is consulted. We do not collect or seek personally identifiable information through these tags.
"Navigational data" ("log files," "server logs," and "clickstream" data) are used for system management, to improve the content of the site, market research purposes, and to communicate information to visitors. This site uses navigational data.
Where does Bright Horizons store personally identifiable information?
Electronic Information: Although some information may remain on storage data systems in the country where originally provided, the electronic personal information we collect about you will be stored and processed on electronic information systems operated by or under the direction of Bright Horizons and located in the United States. As a result, United States governments, courts, law enforcement or regulatory agencies may be able to obtain disclosure of your information through applicable laws.
The transfer of any personal information from the European Union to the United States complies with the European Union's Directive on Data Protection Acts.
- Hardcopy Information: The hardcopy personal information we may collect about you will remain at the business location where you received services or provided the information, unless you request that Bright Horizons provide you with services elsewhere.
Who does Bright Horizons share personally identifiable information with?
- To your Employer: Bright Horizons services are often made available to you as a benefit through employer-sponsored programs. In order to meet our obligations to your employer, Bright Horizons will provide details of your use to your employer, which may include your name, dates of use, reasons for use, and other available details. Information not relevant to your employer's needs is not disclosed.
- For Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy assets. If any Bright Horizons business unit is sold or substantially all of Bright Horizons is acquired, personal information relevant to the operation sold could be transferred as part of the transaction.
How can individuals access or update their personally identifiable information?
You can access, change or obtain copies of the information we have gathered about you in the following ways:
- If you have established an online user account with Bright Horizons, you may log onto your account to access and update your information.
- You may contact directly the program or location that stores or processes your information (such as a Center where your child is enrolled or one of our call centers). Bright Horizons may require you to make your request in writing to verify your identity.
- You may contact us at the office or email address provided below.
How does Bright Horizons protect your personal information?
Bright Horizons utilizes appropriate technical, administrative and physical safeguards to protect against loss, unauthorized access, destruction, misuse, modification and improper disclosure of the personal information we collect. Bright Horizons securely stores the information you enter on its websites, including registration and payment information and your account password. However, no computer system or information can ever be fully protected against every possible hazard. As a result, Bright Horizons cannot guarantee the security and privacy of the information you provide to us.
You also play a valuable part in security. Your password to access your registration information should never be shared with anyone and should be changed frequently. After you have finished using our site, you should log out and exit your browser to prevent unauthorized users from returning to your online Bright Horizons account. If you believe that someone has improperly used or provided information about you that you did not authorize, please contact us immediately in one of ways provided below.
Links to third party websites
How can individuals contact Bright Horizons?
In the United States and Canada - 200 Talcott Avenue South, Watertown, MA 02472 USA
In the United Kingdom and Ireland - 2 Crown Court, Rushden, Northamptonshire, NN10 6BS UK